Well a few days ago the banners I ordered arrived. They are printed on vinyl and seem pretty resistant to creasing.
The ordering process was pretty simple. You upload an image for your design, or choose from some pre-made options. Now I will say I had some problems with their uploader. Sometimes I was simply unable to press the upload button. However with a little perseverance I was able to get my design uploaded just like I wanted.
For comparisons sake I will provide the original images that I uploaded. Click for larger versions.
I ordered 2, 2×2 foot banners which are just under $10. Upon placing my order, the shipment arrived very quickly.
Again, that one turned out perfect. On this one I trimmed and finished. That added about 7 bucks to the order. If you are planning to hang the banner you get – I would recommend getting it finished, as it is all ready with sturdy metal rings for hanging. However it does cut off the VERY edge of the image, so if you need to keep 100% of the image, I would not recommend it.
I also learned through papers and pencils that you can use wet erase markers on them. So if you want to add something to your map you can do so post printing. You can also just print a grid and use it as a battle map. You could make very specific battle maps with Banners on the Cheap, however if you just want a regular old battle map with hexes and squares I would still recommend chessex’s battle maps.
I’m sure you can think of more creative uses(a kingdom’s flag?) for Banners on the Cheap.
The price is good, and the service is quality as long as small text is not involved. Thumbs up in da air.
Dungeons & Dotes, the premier live play, roleplaying podcast featuring the Get Geek crew is finally here. Join Devin as he helps Tim create his first character, Paelias What-eva-ya-want, in Dungeons and Dragons Next. Next episode we begin playing.
Top Posts & Pages
Blogs worth checking out.
- RT @pucchokun: ＼あなたもぷっちょあーんしてみない!?／ 【ぷっちょあーん4Dゴーグル】 フォロー＆RTで当たる!（5/6締切） ①@pucchokunをフォロー ②この投稿をリツイート ③抽選で２名様に当たるチャンス！ #ぷっちょあーん #橋本環奈 詳細→htt… 1 week ago
- RT @limbclinic: the year is 2046. i am fully clad in a haptic feedback skinsuit. i lay back in my ergonomic recliner and boot up my VR head… 1 week ago
- RT @EsPyramid: hal 9000 is my favorite AI character because he gets anxiety once and his response is "well i guess i'll just kill myself an… 1 month ago
- RT @georgemcguire_: i dont normally recommend music but if yall like good ass free music thats a lil different and makes you think then try… 1 month ago
- @matthewdevoll Matt, you are my earworm. 1 month ago