Well a few days ago the banners I ordered arrived. They are printed on vinyl and seem pretty resistant to creasing.
The ordering process was pretty simple. You upload an image for your design, or choose from some pre-made options. Now I will say I had some problems with their uploader. Sometimes I was simply unable to press the upload button. However with a little perseverance I was able to get my design uploaded just like I wanted.
For comparisons sake I will provide the original images that I uploaded. Click for larger versions.
I ordered 2, 2×2 foot banners which are just under $10. Upon placing my order, the shipment arrived very quickly.
Again, that one turned out perfect. On this one I trimmed and finished. That added about 7 bucks to the order. If you are planning to hang the banner you get – I would recommend getting it finished, as it is all ready with sturdy metal rings for hanging. However it does cut off the VERY edge of the image, so if you need to keep 100% of the image, I would not recommend it.
I also learned through papers and pencils that you can use wet erase markers on them. So if you want to add something to your map you can do so post printing. You can also just print a grid and use it as a battle map. You could make very specific battle maps with Banners on the Cheap, however if you just want a regular old battle map with hexes and squares I would still recommend chessex’s battle maps.
I’m sure you can think of more creative uses(a kingdom’s flag?) for Banners on the Cheap.
The price is good, and the service is quality as long as small text is not involved. Thumbs up in da air.
Dungeons & Dotes, the premier live play, roleplaying podcast featuring the Get Geek crew is finally here. Join Devin as he helps Tim create his first character, Paelias What-eva-ya-want, in Dungeons and Dragons Next. Next episode we begin playing.
Top Posts & Pages
- Supernatural Season 2:Watch it/ Skip it Guide
- Putting the Savage(Worlds) in our Heroes: Mario and Luigi
- Supernatural Season 1:Watch it/ Skip it Guide
- Who Would You Cast in Tigana?
- Putting the Savage(Worlds) in our Heroes: The Doctor(Doctor Who)
- Putting the Savage(Worlds) in our Heroes: Captain Falcon
Blogs worth checking out.
- RT @immolations: i'm re-reading that yakuza review yakuza 3 article and this part gets me every single time https://t.co/ZqIfJ0OXVT 1 day ago
- RT @guacmomma: why have you done this to us https://t.co/uuLIaovtOQ 1 day ago
- RT @ashleyfeinberg: lots of extremely good shit going on here https://t.co/9C6JbGKEch 1 month ago
- RT @BruceLevenstein: who wore it better? https://t.co/HrIIb78HhX 2 months ago
- RT @kirayusa: Alien (1979) https://t.co/yNONdLU7BE 2 months ago